A quick and simple recipe for cheese biscuits is always handy to have, and they make a perfect addition to lunch boxes and as a tasty nibble for picnics. These yummy snacks are a firm favourite with my kids, especially E who can often be found clutching four or five as she trots around the house. A girl gets hungry, you know!
• 120g butter, softened
• 450g grated Cheddar Cheese
• 250g plain flour
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder (optional)
• Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas mark 6. Grease a baking tray.
• In a large bowl cream butter and cheese. Stir in flour and salt; mix well.
• On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1.25cm in thickness.
• Cut into 5cm strips and sprinkle with chilli powder, if desired. (I actually use cookie cutters for this part to save time)
• Place strips on prepared baking tray 3 to 4cm apart.
• Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until crisp.
Thanks to my dear friend Ruthie for this great recipe.