Oh my word, I have this simmering on the hob as I type and it smells DELICIOUS. A little faffy with all the different spices I have to admit, but it does smell absolutely divine and so I hope will be worth the 'faff'.
This is another recipe from the Slimming World website, so I can take no credit for its creation, this is just my experience with it. I'll post a picture to go with this recipe later this evening when I have dished it up so you can see the end result, let's hope it tastes as good as it smells!
Ready in approx 2 hours 25 minutes (plus marinating)
Syns per serving: EE - 0.5, Red - 0.5
2 level tsp Turmeric
2 level tsp Cumin
227g/8oz fat-free natural fromage frais
681g/1.5lb lean lamb, cubed
1 large onion, chopped
852ml/1.5pt stock, made with Bovril
1 level tsp Ginger
1 level tsp Paprika
1 level tsp Allspice
Salt & Pepper
1 level tsp Cinnamon
1 level tsp Coriander
1 level tsp Nutmeg
1 level tsp Dry Mustard
198g/7oz tomatoes, chopped
1 level tsp Cornflour
1. Mix the turmeric and cumin into the fromage frais. Pour into the lamb and leave to marinate overnight.
2. Dry fry the onion in 284ml (half a pint) of the stock and gradually add the remaining spices. Gently cook for 4 minutes.
3. Add the lamb mixture, the rest of the stock and the tomatoes and bring to the boil. Simmer gently for approximately 2 hours until the lamb is soft and tender.
4. Mix the cornflour with a little water and add to the rest of the mixture. Mix well.
5. Serve with new potatoes (chosen as a Healthy Extra on Original) and Free vegetables of your choice.
Here is the end result... Now, it looks a bit gross I have to admit haha however I can assure you it tasted GREAT and is well worth the faff, the kids loved it too, clean plates all round!