I was tagged (ages ago, sorry) by the fabulous Mummy of Many Talents, who asked me to share things that grind my gears. The meme rules are to simply link back to the meme creator, & the person who tagged you.
I'm going to have to restrain myself because otherwise this could get very long winded, and it has taken me a while to have a good think about what is and is not going to be acceptable to add to my list, lest someone take something the wrong way and/or incorrectly believe it to be about them. So I will tread carefully, and take this time to make very clear that I am not referring to any one person in particular at any point during this post. Let's crack on, shall we?
Things that yank my chain.
- As mentioned above, over sensitive types in general. Things really don't need to be a big deal.
- That we have a shit Government and that they weren't even elected, yet we're all supposed to dance to their tune when they're just a bunch of hypocritical, out of touch snobs who wouldn't know what real life was if it jumped up and slapped the silver spoon out of their mouths. All in this together, my arse. The elderly, disabled and children shouldn't be IN anything, we're supposed to be taking care of them.
- Monday mornings.
- That I'm not married to Steve Backshall... *sobs quietly*
- The never ending laundry. I get it all done, turn around... four more loads. Yay.
- That I still have terrible skin and I am thirty god damn years old. When does this shit stop?!
- The fact that I am 30 years old. I could have sworn I was still only about 22.
- Not having won the lottery yet. One day, it WILL be bloody me.
- Winter. Everything about it. March cannot roll around soon enough.
- I'm always tired, yet whenever it's time for bed - DING! Wide awake.
- Never having any time for myself. I love my life. I love my kids. I even love my old man ;) but OH. MY. WORD. Sometimes I just want to pee without a frickin audience.
- My own poor choice of friends.
- That it takes ages to get a refund on something. THAT'S MY MONEY, GIVE IT BACK.
- People who never ever answer their mobile phone. Absolutely no point in owning one.
- That it takes ages to lose weight, but it piles on faster than you can say "Cadbury's".
- That some things just cannot be unthought, unsaid or undone.
- That I know loads of awesome people, but they live so far away.
Ok. That'll do. I tag...
Sonya @ The Ramblings of a Formerly Rock n' Roll Mum
Sarah @ Ups & Downs, Smiles & Frowns
Chelsea @ MS Mummy of Two
Clare @ Musings of a New Wife & Mummy
Surrounded By Love
29 minutes ago