This recipe made a HUGE lasagne, enough to serve all of us, with leftovers for another day - handy when you have teenagers who descend on the kitchen like locusts after school.
1.5kg minced beef
60g taco seasoning
3 corn tortillas
3 salad tomatoes, sliced
1 onion, chopped
215g spicy refried beans
500ml Creme Fraiche
Cheddar cheese, grated
- Fry off the chopped onion in a pan, then add the sweetcorn and refried beans and mix together, warming through.
- In a separate pan, fry off the minced beef until it is browned, then add the taco seasoning and water. Mix it thoroughly, bring to the boil and then cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- While the mince is simmering, slice your salad tomatoes ready for layering into the lasagne.
- When the mince is ready, add the onion, sweetcorn & beans mixture and combine.
- In a large round oven dish, start layering your lasagne. I layered mine as follows - mince > tortilla > creme fraiche > tomatoes > cheese > tortilla > mince > tortilla > creme fraiche > cheese.
- Preheat your oven to 200c (fan setting) and place your lasagne in the middle for approx 15-20 minutes, just to brown the cheese, being careful not to burn the creme fraiche.
- Serve with a side salad, and enjoy.