I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.
I headed to my local Tesco Extra supermarket in Trowbridge to pick up the ingredients and other refreshments to enjoy during the matches, including a promotional 4 pack of 1.25L Diet Coke for £4 - bargain! Tesco have an entire aisle dedicated to the World Cup, decorated with England bunting and with lots of special offers including some great Coca-Cola multipack promotions, it's hard to not get into the spirit of the tournament!
Football fever is alive and well in my house right now, and yesterday we made the most of the recent good weather and enjoyed a World Cup themed barbecue for Father's Day after England's Big Match the night before - the kids got stuck in to their burgers and sausages, and had a kickabout in the garden with their Dad, cousins, and Uncle, it was lots of fun!
Chin Chin is so easy to make with only a few ingredients & just a handful of simple steps, and is an ideal snack for sharing. Beware, they're very moreish!
• 1kg plain flour
• 150ml milk
• 2 tsp ground nutmeg
• 250g marg
• 275g granulated sugar
• Oil (for frying)
• Add the milk & sugar to bowl and leave to absorb.
• In a separate bowl, combine the nutmeg and flour before rubbing in the margarine until it is mixed well.
• Add the milk & sugar mixture to the flour mixture and combine until you form a smooth dough.
• Knead the dough on a flat surface and cut out your desired shapes. For ours, as the dough was slightly wetter I used a teaspoon to drop small balls of the mixture into the oil for frying.
• Deep fry in hot oil, and stir continuously until the chin chin is golden brown, and then scoop them out and leave to cool on a flat surface.
Why not check out the #CollectiveBias hashtag #BigMatchPlanner on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram to find lots of inspiration for recipes, activities, party games, and everything you will need to help you get into the spirit of Brazil 2014!