HUNTED AND CHASED THROUGH A FOREST: WELCOME TO THORPE PARK’S TERRIFYING NEW HALLOWEEN EXPERIENCE - PLATFORM 15... Do you dare?
Thorpe Park Resort’s FRIGHT NIGHTS returns in all its gore-y for the nation’s premiere Halloween event’s 15th Birthday celebrations on selected dates from 7 October – 31 October with an all-new scare maze, Platform 15. Platform 15 is set in the Park’s woodlands; it is the largest scare maze to date covering 450 metres. Guests will depart on a one way ticket along an overgrown railway line which is the last known route of the Sleeper Express, a locomotive that disappeared into thin air with all passengers still on board... Take your turn to walk the Island’s backroads which have never before been accessible to the public. Guests will face a deserted railroad, explosions, séances, Ouija boards and pitch black forestry. They may also find themselves hunted and chased in the depths of the forest, so they must tread carefully and not disturb the grounds – zombie ‘Sleepers’ hidden amongst the trees may awaken. The scare doesn’t stop there, in partnership with Lionsgate the Blair Witch scare maze has received an overhaul to tie in with the new film’s twisted tale.
This year’s Fright Nights offers guests five free scare mazes included in Park Entry:
• Platform 15: New for 2016 an off the track dark experience into the Park’s woodlands
• Blair Witch: In partnership with Lionsgate this Fright Nights staple has received a 2016 update in keeping with what looks to be 2016 scariest horror movie yet
• The Big Top: the carnival comes to town once again this October. Reimagined for 2016 with even more clowns
• Cabin in The Woods: Based on the Lionsgate movie, visitors will tour a seemingly innocent rustic cabin, but what lies behind each door is not so pure
• Saw Alive: The Maze: Another Lionsgate special, visitors will come face to face with the sadistic Billy puppet and face his nightmarish games
And one paid for scare experience, Containment, where guests must escape the horror under timed conditions (£10 per person). As part of the Park’s birthday celebrations, roaming scare actors will be unleashed on the Park after 6pm, so the scares will continue outside the mazes. Guests can choose which characters arrive at the Park by voting on the Thorpe Park Official Facebook page. They can choose from a selection of frightful fiends who have graced Fright Nights mazes over the past 15 years, and bring them back to the Park for one last scare.
In addition to the Resort’s Fright Nights attractions, the Park’s flagship rollercoasters will be open until late too including Stealth, Colossus, Saw-The Ride, Nemesis and SWARM. Tickets prices start at £29.99 and you can book here: ThorpePark.com.
- FRIGHT NIGHTS begins on 7 October and runs through 7-9, 14-16, and 21 – 31 October
- Park opening times: 10am – 10pm, Fright Nights attractions open at 3pm
- Prices: Adult tickets start from £29.99
- Overnight Experience packages start from £249 for two and includes two day Park tickets, complimentary parking, free access to CONTAINMENT, exclusive maze FastTrack between 3.00-3.30 pm (excluding Blair Witch, the 28th-30th of October), exclusive campfire stories and hot buffet breakfast
- For more information and to book visit THORPEPARK.com - Pre-booking is strongly advised
- NB: THORPE PARK Fright Nights may be too intense for young children and is not recommended for anyone under the age of 13. Experiences are subject to availability
ABOUT FRIGHT NIGHTS
Guests can experience THORPE PARK Resort’s famous horror attractions into the night and ride five world-class roller coasters (THE SWARM, Stealth, SAW – The Ride, Nemesis Inferno, Colossus). Or trick or treat yourself to a VIP package including back-stage horror passes and the scarily-popular Face it Alone experience, returning for its second year at Fright Nights.
Cabin in the Woods: The Maze Winner Best Halloween Scare Attraction SCARS 2014 Experience a frightening live recreation of this ground-breaking satirical horror film. Visitors will tour the seemingly innocent rustic cabin, within which lies a secret facility that unleashes nightmarishly hideous ‘beings’. A fully immersive, brilliantly themed maze where visitors can influence the outcome and come face to face with the nightmare and devastation that is, The Cabin In The Woods.
Following Lionsgate's recent release of Blair Witch, the highly anticipated sequel to horror classic The Blair Witch Project, FRIGHT NIGHTS reintroduces BLAIR WITCH Experience the game-changing horror movies for yourself as you venture deep into the Black Hills Forest to discover the truth behind the legend of the Blair Witch. Remember: Never spend the night. Never look in her eyes. Never turn away from the corner. There’s something evil hiding in the woods - dare you enter after night fall?
SAW Alive: The Maze
Guess who’s coming to play? From the twisted minds that created the world’s most terrifying rollercoaster SAW - The Ride, comes the world’s most extreme live action maze – now with even more evil for 2015! Visitors will come face to face with the sadistic Billy puppet and face his nightmarish games…winding their way through this brilliantly themed multi-roomed maze.
THE BIG TOP
Grab your ticket to the greatest scare on Earth as the carnival comes to town once again this October. Reimagined for 2016, twist your way through THE BIG TOP, a carnival comes back to life to terrorise those who dare to trespass. Will you succumb to the torturous antics of the wicked Figaro Bros. as they return for another year of crazed debauchery?
Face your fears and make the ultimate timed escape inside THORPE PARK Resort’s newest scare experience CONTAINMENT. In groups of ten, you’ll be locked inside of four haunt rooms, inspired by many of the UK’s worst nightmares, and tasked with breaking the codes to make your way through to the end… all in hopes of finding the antidote to a spreading infection. Will you and your team surrender to the outbreak or have what it takes to breakout of CONTAINMENT? A combination of special effects and live actors will help guide, or disturb, you in this unique scare experience. This is a paid for experience, and costs £10 per person.
Join us at Campfire Stories and hear some of the untold stories of FRIGHT NIGHTS. We delve deep into the past 15 years and uncover some of the darkest secrets that haunt over the Island. Did you know THORPE PARK Resort was built on Chertsey Abbey’s ancient burial ground, disturbing the monks buried beneath? Legend has it that the monks were possessed, given that their monastery was built way back in 666AD. Some say their spirits still haunt THORPE PARK Resort - and that FRIGHT NIGHTS was a guise to cover when they’re most active. We’ll tell you the stories of what happens when the island changes after dark and is being possessed by the paranormal…
Are you brave enough to enter my giveaway? I am pleased to offer my readers the opportunity to WIN FOUR TICKETS to Thorpe Park Resort's FRIGHT NIGHTS to experience the thrills first-hand, but hurry - the competition closes on October 12th!
You do not need to have a blog to enter or leave a comment on this blog, simply use the name/URL or 'anonymous' option from the drop-down list, and please make sure that your name is in your comment if you use these options.
- Competitions are open to UK residents aged 18 years and over.
- The prize is four tickets to FRIGHT NIGHTS
@Thorpe Park Resort.
- The giveaway ends at midnight on 12th October 2016.
- All entries will be verified before the winner is announced.
- The winner will be notified via email.
- The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- Invalid and incomplete entries will be removed and disqualified.
- Please see FULL terms and conditions on the Rafflecopter Competition Widget and here.
More competitions at The Prize Finder.